PADI Tec Gas Blender Specialty
Being a gas blender is a key job at a busy PADI Dive Center or Resort. This course teaches you how to blend enriched air nitrox and helium-based gases using one or more blending methods.
The PADI Enriched Air Diver course is the most popular diver specialty course and the number of technical divers is on the rise, which means that lots of scuba divers want enriched air and gas blends. The Tec Gas Blender course teaches you to blend enriched air nitrox and helium-blend gases using one or more blending methods. Being the blender is a key job at a busy PADI Dive Center or Resort and your work allows other divers to do what they love to do – scuba dive.
If you’re a PADI Enriched Air Diver and are at least 18 years old, you can enroll in a Tec Gas Blender course.
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply – ask your Tec Gas Blender Instructor.
The Tec Gas Blender course includes three practical application sessions, but no dives. During independent study and instructor-led review, you learn:
- About the advantages and disadvantages of different blending methodologies.
- To blend enriched air and trimix blends to within one percent of the target mix.
- About the potential hazards related to handling oxygen, and how to manage those risks.
- To demonstrate the steps for oxygen cleaning equipment, along with the requirements for oxygen service.
- The theory for this course will be conducted in Scubatec Diving Center Al Karama Dubai.
- PADI manual, certification are also included in the course fee.